Be in to win!
Ngā Kōrero Hangarua
He aha ōu kaupapa?
Share your stories and be in to win!
Send us your good ideas and inspire others! Share how you recycle paper and cardboard in your school or early childhood service or what learning is happening as a result of sustainable practices and be in to win $100.
The following whakataukī (proverb) supports Paper4tree’s kaupapa and the purpose of this collaboration:
He waka eke noa.
We are all in this together.
Kia ora Pepa Mō Ngā Rākau whānau/ Paper4trees family,
This year we are planning to develop a resource for our participating schools and early childhood services that will support and inspire all involved in their recycling practices and knowledge.
We want to hear your voice, whether you are part of a primary school, secondary school, a kura kaupapa, kōhanga reo, playcentre, kindergarten, or early learning centre.
Please share your kaupapa and practices. The idea is to inspire and to encourage each other to reduce waste and to divert paper and cardboard from the landfill.
Who can participate?
We would love to hear from anyone who is involved in paper and cardboard recycling in your school’s/ preschool’s community of learners. This includes teachers, students, caretakers, parents, and administrators.
What do I send it?
A visual story
A learning story
A student’s assessment
General questions about paper and recycling that you would like answered
Any other format that suits you
What categories can I cover?
Reduction of overall recycling through intentional practices
Use of Paper4trees classroom recycling bins and other resources that work well
How you involve the entire community
Links to the New Zealand curriculum, Te Whāriki, Tātaiako, learning dispositions etc.
Links to your kaupapa and philosophy
Links to tikanga and te ao Māori
Please be aware that your stories may be shared or partially shared on our website and social media, as well as sent via email to other Paper4trees schools and preschools in search of ideas. You will need to fill out the permission slip when sending in your ideas.
Be in to win!
As an incentive to participate we will donate $100 to spend on a project at your school or preschool. The winner will be drawn on 29/11/2021. The competition runs from 06/08/2021 to 29/10/2021.
Terms and Conditions:
1. Only open to schools and preschools that are registered with Paper4trees.
2. EERST will not accept responsibility for any late submissions, any entries that are not received or any entries or files that are corrupt, damaged, lost or inaccessible.
3. By participating in the competition, you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions. You accept that all decisions made by EERST are final in all matters relating to the contest.
4. You must submit a permission slip with your entry.
5. By entering this competition, you agree that you have the consent of any people who are clearly identifiable in your entry.
6. By entering, each entrant warrants that their entry is original and that their submission does not or will not infringe and third party's intellectual property.
7. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook or Instagram.
8. EERST reserves the right to end any competition or amend the rules at any time.